Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Aprendizaje Misional

Hola Familia!

It was another good week here in Portland!

Tuesday, we had a sweet district meeting where we talked about the importance of receiving revelation in order to be converted, effective missionaries. One of the most converting factors in my mission has been being able to find the answers to my own questions through prayer and personal scripture study. I'm so thankful for the Guide to the Scriptures at the back of every Spanish Book of Mormon and I encourage everyone to use it and the many other resources we have to find answers to your questions and receive revelation.

We had a couple more lessons with Doug this week before he flew to Oklahoma on Friday. He had gotten into a lot of antagonistic material against the Church, and he thought he would be able to catch us off guard with some of the controversial history of the Church, but luckily, Elder Valentine were able to have the Spirit with us and calmly answer his questions. Then I was able to make a connection between him and Thomas, one of Jesus Christ's original apostles. Thomas didn't believe the stories of Jesus rising again after the crucifixion because he hadn't seen the resurrected Lord with his own eyes. When Christ did finally appear to him, Thomas fell to his knees and wept. Jesus said "blessed art thou, Thomas, because you have seen and believed. But how much more blessed are those that believe without seeing." This really resonated with Doug and it really resonates with me too because we are here on this earth to develop faith. We're never going to have a perfect knowledge of Gospel, but if we have faith, we will find peace in this life and eternal joy in the life to come.

Friday, we had interviews with President McAteer. I had a couple questions for him about priorities and the best way to correct my companion when I know we can be doing something more effective. I asked him this because I had been struggling to agree with Elder Valentine on a lot of things because I had seen him do things incorrectly. President McAteer told me that although it is important to keep your priorities straight, it is even more important to have companionship unity. You could be doing all the right things, but if you're not on the same page as your companion, it's not going to be as effective. What President McAteer told me taught me a ton.

4 investigators attended church on Sunday! James, Larry, Tony, and Tamara. Elder Valentine and I have been doing some good work and it was nice to see some more fruits. Larry, Tony, and Tamara are working towards baptism.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week!


Love,
Elder Tucker

Riding bikes with Elder Nieman 



2 comments:

  1. Elder Scott looks well fed, healthy, good color in his cheeks...looks ok from this angle!

    ReplyDelete