Monday, April 2, 2018

Querido Portland...y la Conferencia General



Hola Familia!

So how bout that conference, right?! I honestly loved this weekend's General Conference so much. The Solemn Assembly and priesthood organization and home/visiting teaching changes were just testaments that the Lord really is hastening His work and preparing us for the Second Coming. We just got one step closer! I know without a doubt that Russell M. Nelson is God's prophet on the earth today. One of my favorite talks of conference was Elder Robbins' about failure and success. Our failures are just as much a part of Heavenly Father's Plan as our successes. We need to trust in the Plan and in scriptures like Ether 12:27 "I give unto men weakness that they may be humble." How would we ever learn humility if we were perfect and succeded at everything? I also enjoyed the correlation between Elder Wilson's, President Oaks', and President Nelson's talks in the Sunday morning session about receiving revelation and increasing our spiritual capacity. The world we live in today is too wicked for us to just casually float down with the flow of the river. We need to constantly be paddling upstream and figure out how to receive our own personal revelation from the Spirit in order to stay spiritually safe. Following other people's footprints is not enough.

This was a great last week in Portland and the WVM (Washington Vancouver Mission)! My flight leaves from Portland tomorrow night at 11:30 PM and I'll be arriving in Mexico City at 6:50 AM Wednesday morning. I'm so unbelievably excited to return to my mission in Cuernavaca and to President Ávila. It's been a long journey.

I will miss Portland, though. I've made some amazing friends, like Elder Vance, that I'll definitely be hanging out with once I finish my mission.

The Cherry Park Ward is wonderful! There are so many members that supported Elder Valentine and I tremendously and gave us referrals. Two of our most promising investigators, Larry and Daniel, are getting baptized because of some members that found them and told us when they were ready. Brother Wells has to be the best ward mission leader I've ever met and Bishop King showed so much love towards all those that he presides over and so much devotion to fulfilling his calling.

I'll honestly miss the incredible public transportation system here in Portland. It made missionary work without a car possible.

And as different as he is from me, I'll honestly miss Elder Valentine. We witnessed so many miracles together these last two transfers.

Thank you so much, Mom, for sending me that Easter/birthday package this week!!! And shout out to my cousin, Eric Hironaka, for that new temple that got announced in Nicaragua! Your work made a difference!

Hope you all have a great week! Love you all.

¡Hasta la próxima!


Love,
Elder Tucker



1 comment:

  1. Im just thankful I dont have to Home Teach anymore! Just kidding...not a great thing to say to a missionary.

    ReplyDelete