Monday, May 21, 2018

Insurgentes in the Iguala Zone in the state of Guerrero

Hola Familia!

Wow, where to start? It was great talking with the Fam on Mother`s Day and I`m feeling great out here in La Bendita Misión México Cuernavaca, this is the place to be!!! I`m training a new missionary and we`re in a new area together, Insurgentes in the Iguala Zone in the state of Guerrero.

It was kinda weird saying goodbye to my comp, Élder Bernal, and the Jiutepec Ward because I had just gotten there and Élder Bernal and I were doing work, but man am I excited to be here in Insurtegentes with Élder Amancio. He`s a convert of only two years from the Dominican Republic and he might be my best companion yet. He´s 25 so quite a bit older, but he`s also so humble, mature, and ready to work his butt off out here with me. I`m really grateful for the experience of last transfer because it was my first time opening an area or arriving to it at the same time as my companion. I`m super grateful for it because Élder Amancio and I are doing the same thing here in Insurgentes. Themembers here are awesome and so stoked to have us here because they`ve had nothing but Hermanas serving in the area for while. Our house has got to be one of the nicest in the mission. The area´s not too big. There`s a couple small pueblos in it. The economic level I´d say is ok. Somewhere in between CIvac in Cuernavaca and Pinotepa in Oaxaca. It seems to rain almost every night so it[s pretty green but man is it hot here! Hopefully should drop a couple kilos. There are just 5 other companionships in the zone, one area is called Taxco that has a bunch of silver and tourism and gringos so hopefully I'll get to pass through.

This week we did a whole bunch of work in the carpeta de area where the missionaries record all the work and information that future missionaries need to know about. Met a few investigators with some interesting baggage, but we put a solid chamaco on date that will be baptized next week. Conociendo el área más que nada.

Other than that, I hope everyone´s doing good. Please pray for Mexico in the coming months because the world cup is about to happen and also presidencial elections, should be wild! Nah just kidding, todo será tranquilo, no pasa nada.

Hasta la próxima! Siempre recuerden que hay que chambiar!

Love,

Élder Tucker

Pics from my last baptism 

last baptism in Jiutepec

Sweet mural in a recent convert´s house

Mas Chihuahuas

Iguala

 Que lo que papá, dame la luz. My compa is teaching me dominican slang and I love it. Shoutout to Alden Funk.


2 comments:

  1. Great email this week Elder! If you dont mind I may use parts of your letter when I teach EQ this week! Id ask Todd and Lore if that would be ok but what if they said nah...id have to ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also sounds like your espanol is coming along. I smell a trip to Rocky Point someday you can order for us.

    ReplyDelete