Monday, August 13, 2018

By This Shall Men Know

Hola Familia!

Sorry for the lateness of this email, but itt was another good week out here topped off with my kind of p-day, 3 and a half hours of basketball and soccer with the zone!

I´ve been getting a hang of all my responsibilites out here and I´m super refreshed and excited for a new week.

I´m also really enjoying being a district leader again although the only people in my district are the APs and my companion. Last week I had us read the story of the Joven Rico in Mark 13. This story is recorded three times in the Gospels, but only the version in Mark says that before inviting the young man to sell all of his things and follow Him, Jesus looked upon him and loved him. I then shared that as missionaries, we often ask a lot of our investigators like to stop smoking, find a job that allows them not to work on sundays, get married, or change a lifelong custom. But if we really want to teach in the savior´s way, we need love the people we are teaching before we ask something so big of them. Later in the training, I then shared John 13 where Christ washes the feet of His Apostles and I tuaght the importance of expressing love towards and serving our companion because Jesus said By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples; if ye have love one to another.

Something I´ve learned in my mission is that people are always watching us as members and especially as missionaries. Many know who we are and what believe, but do our actions that they see always reflect the same thing as we believe? I know we can always make a huge difference in someone´s perspective or future possibility to receive the Gospel if we always live what we believe.

Anyway, hope you are all well and have a great week!!!


Love,

Elder Tucker


2 comments:

  1. Sounds alot like my ward clerk duties! Thats so cool Elder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts on this! Wish I could join in and hear you train! Sounds like a good place to be. You're killing it Elder Tucker!

    ReplyDelete