Sunday, October 7, 2018

Catching Up with Elder Tucker! Mi Semana en la Mision Mexico

September 17, 2018







Hola Familia!

Wow, finally get a little time to write. This week´s been crazy.

Monday was transfer day in the mission and I had to plan all the logistics for eveyone switching companions/areas. I also went to the Mexico City airport to pick up two elders coming from the Provo MTC and one from Colombia.

Tuesday I took a big group of missionaries to immigration here in Morelos to renew their temporal residency.

Wednesday I headed back to the airport to drop off all the missionaries that had finished their missions. It was actually the group that I was originally set to go home with, so I got to say goodbye to my CCM comps, Elder Stevens and Elder Contreras.

Then came the highlight of the week: early Thursday morning, we had to be back in the airport to receive Elder Amarilla coming in from Argentina so my companion Elder Bonilla and I got permission to stay wednesday night at the dorms at the Mexico City temple!!! It was so cool, we even got to do a session! Then we met the secretaries for the Mexico City East Mission who are all senior couples, and there´s six of them, hahaha! All doing the same job that us four elders do half-day here in the offices.

And then yesterday, I had to make yet another trip to CDMX to drop off an Elder who had to go home for medical reasons, unfortunately.

Anyway, it was an interesting and a bit stressful week. Needless to say, I´m starting to get to know Mexico City pretty well. All part of being executive secretary of the mission.

Arturo, Katia, and Isaac all attended church on sunday and are progressing!Also last week I went on divisions with my old companion, Elder Pacheco, to visit another one of our investigators, Magda. I actually met Magda when I was in the Iguala zone, but she´s now moved up to Cuernavaca with her family. I feel like it means that God really wants me to baptize her, haha. But she accepted the commitment to get married before the end of the month which was the only thing keeping her from being baptized before! So, we decided to be nice and get her copies of the Bible as well as the triple (BOM, D&C, and POGP)! I have a great feeling about how things are going!

Well, I hope everyone is well. Thanks for the emails and support, love you all.


September 24, 2019: Monday

Hey mom! Ya it was pretty cool visiting with Tara yesterday. She showed me her dad´s high school freshman yearbook that had a bunch of pictures with Grandpa Tucker! She also gave my companion and I a couple of cookies so that was nice. Ya I think it would be perfect to stay at that place when you guys come down here to pick me up, I didn´t realize how close it was to where I am. That's cool that you´re in Georgia, did you go with anyone else?

But ya, I´m super excited for General Conference. I think everyone´s expecting something big to happen just like last time. hahaha

Thanks for the pics you sent me of Wes! She's so cute. And super exciting for John and B to be having another one! I can´t think of any good girl names right now, but I´m sure John´s already had one planned out for a couple months now.

Thanks for the email and constant love and support and motivation! Love you too! ps, could you send me the pics that Tara sent you yesterday?

Élder Tucker


September 27, 2019: Corbatas!

Hey Mom, Thanks for sending the ties.  They just got here!  Love,
Elder Tucker







No comments:

Post a Comment