Monday, February 11, 2019

Vamos pa' la playa

Hola Familia!

It was another good week out here in San Andres with Elder Laredo, but some of the Visa waiters in the mission are headed out this week so I'm getting special changed to Acapulco! It's a little bit of a bummer because I'm leaving one of my favorite companions and a baptism we got planned for March 2nd, but it'll be cool because I'll finally get to know Acapulco and at least I got to be in San Andres for Leticia and Florentino's baptism.

I'll be in the Vista Alegre area with Elder Oñate from Colombia.

I've been staying diligent with my workouts, but I can't wait until the day I can work out in a real gym again hahaha!

Other than that, not much to share this week except for a couple funny stories I heard: one time Elder Laredo´s uncle had his car bumper stolen, so he went to this sketchy place called Tepito where a bunch of stolen stuff is sold so he could find a cheap new bumper for his car... Well, he ended up finding the one they had stolen from him but he was too scared to confront anyone about it so he ended up buying it back from them lol.

Also, this week there was a quinceñera (party for a girl turning 15) in our pueblo and a member was telling us that they asked him to help pay for the mariachi band because it was so expensive.  And then he goes on by saying that normally, the rest of the party is so expensive that families get loans from the bank just to pay for it all! Hahaha I love Mexico. The party did look lit tho.

Love you all, and have a great week! And shoutout to my big sister Abby for turning 25 yesterday!


Love,
Élder Tucker


No comments:

Post a Comment