Monday, December 12, 2016

Semana Cuatro en Jamiltepec

¡Hola Familia!

Another great week for me as a missionary!

To start, I wanna share a crazy experience we had this week:

So Elder Noh and I had just gotten home from a long day of missionary work when we heard a loud BOOM and the building started to shake! We ran out to our balcony and saw a bunch of people celebrating in the street. Fireworks! As we kept watching, a couple men ran out from the crowd to set up the next round in the street right outside our balcony. I grabbed my camera just in time and I'm not kidding when I say it was like a grenade went off hahaha! There was a bunch of parked cars in the street and all of their alarms started to go off! Then we heard a hailstorm of bits of the fireworks coming down on the roofs of cars and buildings and in the street. Unfortunately, I can't send the video, but something I learned is not to mess around with the fireworks in México. This month there has been a ton of celebrations and fireworks for Navidad and I guess the birthday of Mary too but idk.

We got a lot of new investigators this week! One in particular Elder Noh called "investigador de oro," or golden investigator, but we will see. Her name is Mariana. Also, we have this one investigator named Diana who is awesome. She has met with a bunch of other missionaries before but could never commit to baptism because she lives with her boyfriend who doesn't wanna get married. BUT this week we taught one lesson with her and her boyfriend José together for the first time about families and now they both wanna get married and baptized in two weeks!!! This just shows how the Lord prepares the people we teach before we even meet them and that prayers can be answered.

The Spanish is getting a lot better. I can contact people on my own now and people can understand me! The only problem is I'm still slow at understanding, but poco a poco, little by little. Oh and I never knew how hard it was gonna be to teach the Plan of Salvation. Wow, hahaha.

I spoke in sacrament meeting this week. It was only for about 7 minutes and I had it all written out, but it went really well and some members told me that it was good! I'm feeling really well mentally, spiritually, and physically. Whenever I feel discouraged or annoyed with myself, it's only for a short time. Elder Noh and I work really well together. No problems so far. I'm very grateful that I haven't had any of the problems that some missionaries have with bugs or sickness, and it actually really hasn't been that hot here. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. The most interesting thing I ate this week was pig blood and I gotta say, not bad! Oh and something you should know about tortillas, they are not only a food, but a utensil and sometimes a napkin as well here in México. Also, there are these motorcycle riders called tortilleros. And if you stand out in the street anywhere in México and wait 5 minutes, a tortillero will come by and you can buy hot tortillas from him in the cooler on the back of his motorcycle.

Love you guys, hope you're having a good Christmas season and remembering Ilumina al Mundo! Send me Christmas cards! And keep sending me emails, por favor!


Love,
Elder Tucker, or Too-ked in México

Pics:

The huge catholic church in the middle of Jamiltepec, have I mentioned that so many people are Catholic here?


 Me with this cool tree in Jamiltepec that is growing on a wall somehowAdd caption

4 comments:

  1. Scott feliz navidad! Hope you have a nice christmas in ol mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be hanging with gramma funk in utah this year should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be hanging with gramma funk in utah this year should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great. We noticed fireworks all over town when we were south of the border. So proud of you

    ReplyDelete