Monday, December 5, 2016

Semana Tres en el Campo

¡Hola Familia!

Another good week for me in La Gran Misión. These are exciting times! I just passed 2 months of being a missionary and it's almost Christmas. Which means I get to Skype home soon. Can't believe it's already that time!

We had a great zone conference in Acapulco this week! It was hard to understand, but I felt the spirit of the meeting and still learned a lot. I'm so thankful for Presidente y Hermana Ávila. I'm also grateful for this year's Christmas Initiative, Ilumina el Mundo, or Light the World. On mormon.org, there is a wonderful video and great ideas for us to do each day this Christmas Season. If you haven't yet, I invite you you check it out. Jesus Christ is the Light of the World and we can follow His example.

On our way back from the zone conference this week, our bus was stopped because of a strike in the road. I guess this isn't an uncommon occurrence in México. After a couple hours of waiting we just had to take our bags and walk for a while to a different bus. By then it was so late that we decided to stay the night with the Elders in Cuajinicuilapa. It wasn't until Thursday afternoon that Elder Noh and I got back to Jamiltepec so it was a short week in our area. Fortunately, Friday evening, we had a fantastic lesson with one of our investigators, Reynaldo. Hermano Reynaldo is un profesor. He's very smart and he is fluent in Spanish and Mixteco. He has a wife and son that we hope will join him in the missionary discussions soon. Elder Noh taught with great power and understanding like always and I did my best to add to the spirit of the lesson. I could tell Hermano Reynaldo felt the truth of our message and he accepted the invitation to be baptized! He also committed to continue studying the scriptures, praying, and attend church with us! Unfortunately, his brother-in-law was killed Saturday and he didn't come to church Sunday, but we still have a ton a hope for him.

I hope you all had a great fast Sunday yesterday because I sure did! I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to fast because I know that we are blessed because of it.

This week I finally felt a little homesick because it can be so frustrating not understanding someone when you're trying as hard as you can. Easy to feel lonely. But I know so many other missionaries have gone through and are going through what I am going through right now, so that helps. It also makes me respect all the people I know that have served missions so much more. It's truly humbling. I know the language will come. I'm so excited for what's ahead!

I finally had tacos al pastor  this week in Acapulco and people weren't lying when they said they are some of the best food in the world! I also had armadillo in Cuajinicuilapa which was very good. And vuishi! Oh my gosh, this was very authentic to say the least and very tasty/crispy!

I love you all and hope you are having a great Christmas Season! This is a time to think of the Savior and what he has done for us. I have felt closer to Him now more than any other time in my life and it's wonderful.

No cambia, solo aprendí

Juan 8:12, Mateo 5:14-16


Love,
Elder Tucker

Pics of the week:

View in Jamiltepec

Tacos al pastor...I had about 12 of these

Viushi

The head of a pig getting prepped for viuishi

Elder Noh and I made some pancakes last night because I miss having Dad make me some every Sunday 

No comments:

Post a Comment