Monday, January 23, 2017

Divisiones, Viaje y una Capacitación

Hola Familia,

Another great week to be a missionary here in La Gran Misiòn!

To start, on Wednesday, Elder Noh had to do divisiones with Elder Fernandez in Huazolotitlan so I got to work with Elder Martínez for the day! Elder Martínez is chilango, or a person from México City. It was pretty chill and a great experience to work with another companion for a day. I thought that it would be difficult to work with someone new given that my spanish is still a work in progress, but I was suprised at how well I could still follow and participate in conversations and lessons with him!

Thursday we had a Dia de Rescate in Huazolo which is when all the Elders in the district work in the same área for the day.

Saturday, Zonas Acapulco and Pinotepa had a training in Acapulco with Presidente Ávila and Elder Pieper of the Area Presidency! It was so great and I learned a lot about how to be more successful as a missionary. My understanding of the language is getting a whole lot better, I understood about 75% in the meeting. I also met a lot of new missionaries in Acapulco. Kinda weird seeing white guys other than Elder Hughes, the only other güero in Pinotepa, again. Hahaha there`s even some white Elders that haven`t had latino companions before which is weird. I hope I don`t have an American companion anytime soon because I`m learning the language so much faster! Also, they took all the Hermanas out of Acapulco so now it`s only Elders in Pino AND Acapulco.

Sunday, we attended sacrament meeting in Acapulco in an actual church building! I thought that meant there would be someone playing the piano when we sang the hymns but it turns out that its not just us in Oaxaca that sing acapella hahaha. I`m kinda worried that I won`t be able to sing when I get back from the misión because I`ve sang hymns acapella for the last 10 weeks and almost everyone hear sounds tone deaf. Hahaha but its all good, the spirit is still so strong here!

With all the travel and everything, Elder Noh and I only could work Tuesday in our área on Tuesday so not a lot of news with investigadores, but we`re excited for these next two weeks of work together. I`m thinking that with the next cambio coming up, Elder Noh will be transferred to a different zona because he`s had more than 6 months in Jamiltepec and more than 10 months total in Pinotepa. I`ll probaby stay in Jamiltepec because there`s no good maps of it so there pretty much always needs to be someone there who knows how to get around. Also, I don`t think anyone has had a less than 6 months in Pino. But I`m also one of the first güeros to be in Pino in over a year so ¿Quién sabe? anything can happen.

Everythings still been going great out here. Mentally, physically, spiritually. Thanks for all your love and support.

¡Pon tu hombro a la lid!

Oh that reminds me! There`s been two hymns that I`ve always been singing, Pon tu hombro a la lid and Amad a ortos, which are Put Your Shoulder To The Wheel and Love One Another. Put your shoulder to the Wheel because it reminds me of Grandpa Tucker and it always inspires me to man up when I think I have it hard out here. Love One Another because it reminds me of Grandpa Funk and to try to have Christ like love for every one of God`s children. I know those two amazing men are supporting me in my misión from the spirit world. And you`d be surprised at how often I feel their specific presence. Missions are so special.

I was gonna send hecka pics this week but the camera died again right when I started downloading the pics on the computer. I promise I`ll start carrying extra batteries and sending pics every week from now on.

Love you all!


Love,
Elder Tucker

2 comments:

  1. You come from a great heritage Elder Tucker. I'm sure both grandpas are super proud! Glad you're enjoying the beautiful country & beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great email Scott. You come from some pretty great men!

    ReplyDelete