Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy New Year!

¡Hola Familia!

Not a huge week for us here in Santiago Jamiltepec, or maybe I just need to improve my journal writing. I've noticed a correlation between the frequency of my journal writing and the quality of my weekly emails. There´s always something that I can improve as a missionary, which makes it kind of fun!

This week, Elder Noh and I taught two more great lessons to the investigator family that I told you about last week. Their apallidos, or last names, are Hernandez Hernandez. In México and all Latin American countries I´m pretty sure, the people go by the last names of their father AND their mother. In this case, both are Hernandez hahaha. Anyway, Tuesday we taught a lesson to them with a member family. There was kind of a lot of pressure because these are really important investigators to me and with the member family, it was 7 people turning to me to hear the most important message the will ever hear in their lives and I can´t even speak the language very well. Luckily, I had the help of two very important people, my inspired companion Elder Noh, and the Holy Ghost. And the lesson went great! We have so much hope for this family. Funny story, at the end of the lesson, they were feeling very happy with us and graciously offered us some coffee, hahaha I almost started laughing because we had to explain that although it was a kind offer, we couldn't accept and it could've lead into a whole other discussion on the Word of Wisdom, but we´ll save that for a little later.

We had three investigators attend the Casa de Oración this week! Diana, Reynaldo, and Roberto. Roberto is the oldest brother of the Hernandez Hernandez family. The rest of the family would've attended, but they couldn't. We think they will next week. The members of La Rama en Jamiltepec were so welcoming and friendly this week which was great. We've really been praying and working hard to build this branch and it's paying off!

Missionary work is so powerful and important. I know that our message is true and that it needs to be shared with everyone.

Thank you for your love and support.


Sinceramente,
Elder Tucker

the computers really slow again this week so i couldn't send any pics, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment