Monday, July 30, 2018

Las oficinas son chidas

Hola Familia!

How´s it going everybody? It was a cool week! I´ve been learning a ton of new things everyday here in the offices with my new assignment. Nothing too complicated yet, just a lot of things to get done everyday.

First off, Thursday, President Treviño took Élder Smchitz and I to Acapulco and Chilpancingo to get some signatures and pictures of the elders in the mission that are coming up on their year mark and need to get their Visas renewed. It was pretty cool to talk to President for the long drive. Sounds like he was a successful businessman. Has some good spiritual and temporal advice.  But the best part was when we stopped for Tarascos Tacos in Acapulco!!! Élder Schmitz and I took down half a kilo of pastor with cheese melted on top man it was so good.

Sunday I was assigned to give a talk in church, but I was saved when Élder Martínez of the area 70 decided to show up and take up a bunch of sacrament meeting. He gave a really good talk too on love. He said posed the question How do you know you love someone? How does someone know you love them? One answer would be to reflect on all the past things you have done for that person and all the things you´d be willing to do for them. Christ loves us with a perfect love because he was willing to do everything for us and he did. And he invites us, A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. Not only should we love others like ourself, but we should love them even as He loves them. What an invitation! Obviously, we all have a long way to go before being able to love everyone even as Jesus does, but like everything, we need to try. The last thing Élder Martinez asked to the parents was, What are the best things you can do to show your children that you love them? Family prayer, family scripture study, and familly have evening. I can also testify to the power of those three things and I always felt good after doing them with my fam.

Anyway, love you all! Have a good week!



Love,
Élder Tucker

ps-I got in a fight with a pole today


1 comment:

  1. Ouch! At least you got some good tacos out of it! : )

    ReplyDelete