Monday, March 6, 2017

El Entrenador Misionero en Santiago Jamiltepec, Oaxaca

¡Hola Familia!

Another great week as a missionary en La Gran Misión!

Monday we had interviews with Presdiente y Hermana Ávila in Pinotepa. They are both so loving and inspired. I´m convinced we have the best mission president in el mundo. My interviews with him are always short and chill. I´m assuming it´s because he likes and trusts me. Perhaps one day I´ll understand, but it´s not a language barrier issue, it´s something bigger.

Tuesday we had a zone conference in Pino with the Ávilas and the assistants. I especially liked when President said that as missionaries we are promised that the field is white already to harvest. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next transfer, but today! Maybe Elder Tilley and I are a couple of 18 year olds that aren`t perfect teachers, but that doesn't effect the truth of our message. We can bring the Lord´s escogidos to the Light.

Something that´s been on my mind lately is that the most successful missionary is the one that is completely converted to Jesus Christ, because if we are converted, our will is the will of the Lord and we are made instruments in his hands. And an instrument in the hands of the Lord is more effective than anything!

Elder Tilley and I found another family this week that is bien receptiva. Juan Carlos and Jessica Morales are 25 and 26 years old. They have three little kids and are very religious. They`re members of la iglesia pentecostesa, but are interested and willing to investigate la iglesia mormóna haha. We`ll visit them this week with another young member family and hope that they can progress. I have a great feeling about them!

Religion has been a big part of the history of Jamiltepec. Catholic, Jehovah's Witness, Christian, whatever, if you`re not religious, it`s usually because you don´t want to be because so many missionaries of other faiths have already passed by here. That means that most of the people that are willing to listen to us have a deep background in some religion. Which can be good and bad in some ways. I´m glad to be here. I continue to learn and improve a lot everyday. My trainee is doing good. I need to do a better job of helping him to have more confidence in his Spanish, but we´re working hard!


Thanks for the love and support!

¡El campo blanco esta ya para la siega!

Love,
Elder Tucker

I Love You 




No comments:

Post a Comment