Monday, March 27, 2017

¡Muchas responsabilidades!

Hola Familia!

This week was going pretty good until all of our investigators, like my fellow Mexican missionary Elder Trender would say, choked in the 4th quarter and didn´t make it to church. I felt pretty lousy because I felt like it was because I haven´t been a good enough missionary, but it´s all good. All I can do is keep working hard and keep my hopes up. We had some great lessons this week nonetheless.

Friday, I gave my first training as district leader in the Pinotepa zone training meeting and I was a little nervous but it went well! I really like my zone and district. Everyone´s working hard and building their branches out here and I think we´re going to have a lot of success this change!

Saturday, interviews with Presidente y Hermana Ávila again. I always love my interviews with them! But I realized that I need to be doing more to help Elder Tilley. We get along fine but I need to teach him more and include him in everything. Sometimes I get too focused on things and I realize I´m not fulfilling my job as trainer by including him. These next weeks will be better. It´s all part of the learning process as a missionary. Learning from your mistakes and staying motivated!

As we approach General Conference weekend, I invite you all to prepare yourselves mentally and spiritualy to listen to the living prophets of today! What an amazing opportunity we have to be lovingly counseled and directed by men who literally speak the words of the Lord. Also, remember when I was in the CCM and heard a talk from Elder Bednar about how we should take notes in Conference? Well he said that we should divide our notes into three sections: one for doctrine and principles that are shared; another for the invitations to act; and another for the promised blessings. I know that if we take notes like this during conference, we can better analyze what is being said to us and why.

Sorry, but I don´t have any more time to talk about investigators or send pics, but have a great week and enjoy Conference!


Love,

Elder Tucker


1 comment:

  1. Elder Santiago,
    Nice plug for General Conference. We scored duckets and will be at the Sunday session in person! Look for us on the big screen...I'll be the guy in the sweater vest.

    ReplyDelete