Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Las Cosas Estoy Agredacido Por En El CCM

¡Hola Familia!

Another great week in the CCM! I leave for el campo de misional -mission field- Monday morning!!! I'm so excited to begin serving the people God called me to serve!

Also, can't believe Trump won the presidency! You'll have to let me know how that goes haha. But I had just heard about that news from other Elders right before I started emailing.

Anyway, I'd like to dedicate this email to the things I'm grateful for in the CCM:

Los Himnos - From the first day that I arrived at the CCM, I've loved singing Hymns in Spanish. It gives me hope in my language ability and helps me feel the Spirit. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not an American religion. It is for every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.

Estudio Personal - Every morning after getting ready, we get to study the scriptures on our own for an hour. What I do during this time is read a verse in Spanish and then that same verse again in English and so on. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to start everyday like this. It really helps my Spanish and reading comprehension skills and I always find something inspiring or important.

Mis Compañeros - I'm so grateful to have been companions with Elder Stevens and Elder Contreras. They've been so fun and easy to get along with. They'll be great missionaries.

Los Maestros - My district's teachers, Hermano Martinez, Hermano Trejo, and Hermana Salazar have been so awesome. They've been so helpful and I can tell that they genuinely care about us. They all served missions as well.

Los Leaders - I'm so grateful for all my leaders in the CCM. From our district leader, to our branch president, to the MTC President and wife. They've given me tremendous direction and advice. This also reminds me that on Monday, MTC President Tenorio and his wife invited my companions and I over to their house in the CCM for apple pie and vanilla ice cream becuase Elder Contreras is related to them. It was so cool and nice for them to do that because most people don't even get to meet them I think. They've been here for almost 4 years. 18,000 missionaries have gone through since they've been here.

Organización - The landscaping, scheduling, and overall program here in the CCM is extremely organized and I've been very impressed.

Los Domingos - Sundays in the CCM are very powerful yet relaxing. No classes, just sacrament, sunday school with the district, Elder's quorum, and devotionals. Also, every Sunday night we get to watch a movie with all the missionaries in the CCM. Usually about an hour long and they're videos like The Restoration movie or past devotionals from apostles. One of the highlights of every week!

La Tienda - There's a little convenience store in the middle of the CCM where we are given 100 pesos every week to spend. All Mexican products.

El Templo - I've already told you how awesome this place is!

Pizza Tuesdays - Every Tuesday night, when all the new missionaries get here, we have Costco Pizza for dinner!

Gym Time - Cage soccer, volleyball, or basketball erryday!

Los Latinos - They are such fun, loving, and giving people. So grateful for that I am serving in a Latino mission.

I'm eternally grateful for the CCM. I've learned and grown so much! I know that Heavenly Father sent me here to prepare for my mission. Hope you're all doing well! I'm PUMPED for Cuernavaca!!!

¡A donde me mandes íre!

Love,
Elder Tucker

Unfortunately my camera died this week so I won't be able to share any more pictures until I get new batteries in Cuernavaca. :/

3 comments:

  1. Scott, keep the updates coming my man we love to read them! Love that you are learning your espanol so quickly as well. Love, thank gary funk fam. Ps...these jazz fans are working on me hard still koyal to suns but jazz are kinda frisky this year! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, keep the updates coming my man we love to read them! Love that you are learning your espanol so quickly as well. Love, thank gary funk fam. Ps...these jazz fans are working on me hard still koyal to suns but jazz are kinda frisky this year! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Sarah Johnson: Wow! Not only is his experiences incredible, he is an amazing writer!

    From John Paul Jones: That kid is doing great! So proud!

    From Kathy Jones: That's a great letter!

    From Sue Rose: He sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete