Saturday, November 5, 2016

Semana Dos

Hola Familia!

It's been another great week in the CCM! Something I forgot to mention last week:

Tuesday, October 11, we watched a live devotional broadcast from the Provo MTC! Elder David A. Bednar and his wife spoke about the importance of General Conference and how to take good notes. It was so awesome and inspiring!

Anyway, it's been a lot of the same thing everyday in the CCM. Waking up at 6:20 so my companions and I can be the first ones in the classroom for Personal Study in the morning, going to classes, speaking Spanish, and teaching lessons all day until we go to bed at 10:30. I've still been adjusting to being a missionary. I usually get pretty tired in the afternoon, but I'm still super happy and excited about being out here. I'm getting better at Spanish everyday. My companions and I continue to get along very well although they can be distracting at times. We speak with the Latinos as often as we can because we know that's the best practice and they're all so nice!

We played a lot of cage soccer this week! Cage soccer is on an outdoor basketball court that is surrounded by a cage link fence. We just play short pick up games. It's super fun! Elder Contreras, one of my companions played on the Real Salt Lake Academy before coming out here so he's the best one! Tuesday, we played with Latinos and it went about how you would expect. A bunch of white boys getting schooled by the guys that actually know what theyre doing, lol. Still a blast nonetheless.

Something I didn't know before coming here is the altitude in Mexico City. 7500 feet! I was wondering why I was running out of breath when I first got here! Hahaha

Elder Trendler left for Puebla this week. He seemed nervous but excited and hopeful! I know he's gonna do great things. Also, Elder John Paul Jones arrives in the CCM on Tuesday so that should be fun seing him!

Lastly, the Temple last week! We took a short bus ride to get there. It was so beautiful and really big and nice! All the American missionaries listened to the endowment session in English with headphones on, but we did the vail in Spanish. I'm so grateful for that experience, and we get to do it again today! There's no temple in the Cuernavaca mission so I probably won't get to go after the CCM.

I hope you're all doing okay! I'm gonna work extra hard this week!

¡Llamados a servir!

Adios,
Elder Tucker

My district studying in the classroom 

Elder John Trendler and Me

My companions and I with the care package Mom sent

My companions and I at the Mexico City Temple 

No comments:

Post a Comment