Saturday, November 5, 2016

Semana Cuatro en el CCM

¡Hola Familia!

Happy Halloween and Felíz Dias de Los Muertos! Sorry I didn't respond to everyone's emails last week, I didn't have a ton of time. Anyway it was another good week in the CCM!

Saturday, we had our first TRC, which is when we teach a real lesson to some volunteers from outside the CCM. The volunteers can be anyone from members, to less actives, to real investigators. This time, my companions and I taught a 24 year-old man and 3 little chicos together. The boys weren't sons of the man or anything, but all of them were members. We taught them the importance of prayer and it went pretty well. One of the boys who was 9 kept participating and answering all of the questions haha! It was so nice to teach people who weren't pretending to be someone else and it was cute seeing kids again. We have our next TRC tomorrow!

Sunday, I spoke in reunión de sacramento. Every week, we are supposed to prepare a 5 minute talk in Spanish because on Sunday, the branch president calls four random people to get up and speak. I was so nervous and I could barely read my Spanish! Hahaha I spoke about Grandpa Tucker and how because of the Atonement I will be able to see him again. Overall it was a good experience!

Tuesday, we watched another live devotional broadcast from the Provo MTC! Russell M. Nelson, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and his wife spoke to us. So awesome, happy, and powerful. I'm so thankful for our amazing priesthood leaders who care so deeply for us.

Now something funny from the week. My companions and I taught some of the Latinos how to play "What are the Odds!" If you don't know what this game is, it's when you come up with a dare and ask someone "what are the odds you do that?" If they say 1 out of 10, for example, then someone else counts you two down and you both shout a number between 1 and 10. If it's the same number, then the person who got challenged has to do it. When we played with the Latinos, we were in the Comedor -cafeteria- so we filled a cup with peaches, cream, chili powder, mashed potatoes, and fruit loops and challenged them to what are the odds that they take a bite of it. The best part of it all was that we couldn't explain the game perfectly in Spanish so the Latinos thought that if two people said the same number, they both had to take a bite of this nasty concoction. One of them ended throwing up in a trash can hahahaha! But they loved the game so much! We're definitely they're favorite gringos.

Anyway, I'm still loving it here in the CCM. I promise I'm working hard too and not just messing around. I love being a being a missionary! I love hearing about what's going on back home too. Go Cubs!!!

¡Llamados a servir!

Love,
Elder Tucker

Here's some pictures of the week:
First- My companions and I with some of our Latinos amigos in el Comedor
Second- Some apple jack-o-laterns we carved in honor of Halloween
Third- A pic of me with my companions who were sleeping during a devotional

A pic of me with my companions who were sleeping during a devotional 

A nice snack we had on Saturday, fried crickets and lime.  Better than you'd expect!  

My companions and I with some of the Latinos amigos in el Comedor 

Some apple jack-o-lanterns we carved in honor of Halloween 

1 comment: