Saturday, November 5, 2016

Semana Trés



Hola Familia!

I wanna start of things by saying HAPPY late BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I love you so much and I hope it was a great one! I miss you!

Wow, the weeks are going by faster and faster in the México MTC! I'm getting into good routines because everyday is so similar. I can't help thinking about leaving for Cuernavaca in two and a half weeks! So exciting, but it inspires me to work harder because I have a long way to go with the language.

My companions and I have continued to play cage soccer everyday for gym time and we're getting dang good! We rule the CCM when it comes to pick up games. All the Latinos here love us! I think it's because most of the other gringo missionaries are too scared to talk to them. But not Elders Stevens, Contreras, and I hahaha! We joke around with them so much.

This week, a member of my district, Elder Whitmore, was feeling really sick. So when he went to the enferma, they thought he might have appendicitis. So they sent him to the hospital in La Ciudad, the city, and sure enough, he did have it so he got his appendix removed that day! His companion stayed with him that night, but they next day, we began making switches between people in our district to stay with Elder Whitmore in the hospital. Elder Stevens stayed with him for the whole day and then I switched with him for the night. It was cool being out in the real world for a bit, plus I got like 10 hours of sleep on the couch in the hospital room! Hahaha it was much needed. Anyway, Elder Whitmore ended up staying in the hospital for less than 48 hours before returning to the CCM. He's one tough dude. I'm grateful that I've been lucky enough not to have anyhting like that happen to me yet!

Today for the first part of P-day, everyone serving in Mexico, including Latinos from countries other than México, had to go to Mexican immigration to verify our Visas. It was awesome because I finally got to see some of the nice parts of la Ciudad on the bus ride over! So many cool buildings, plazas, and musuems that I wanna visit! Anyway, Mexican Immigration was kind of like a nice DMV and it was cool to see how easily I could follow directions in Spanish. I ended up meeting a Dutch woman who spoke english with me. She asked who all the other people with me were and I told her that we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints-or Mormons. She then asked what major differences there were between the Catholic Chruch and our Church and she seemed so curious! So many thoughts raced into my mind but I remembered that we were told not to proselyte in government buildings so I couldn't getnto detail. It was a cool experience nontheless! Also, on the whole bus ride back to the CCM, I talked with a Peruvian, Elder Ascencio in Spanish. He's a convert of only a year to the Church! He and his sister are the only members in their family and he is only 18, but he is still out here sacrificing two years of his life to serve the Lord like me. He's such a great guy and he inspired me today.

I can feel the prayers of my loved ones everyday. I'm so grateful to have a family and so many friends that are members of the Church. I know that it is true.

Here are some pictures of the week:


Th beautiful Mexico City Temple 

Elder Contreras and I studying Spanish on the computers in the tall lab 

Another pic of me visiting the Mexico City Temple for the second time last P-day 

A pic of the hugest Mexico flag I've ever seen right outside the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment