Monday, November 21, 2016

Mi Primera Semana en el Campo: Soy muy guero

¡Hola Familia!

What a week! Where to start? Hahaha to answer some questions, I'm not sure how many members are in the branch in Jamiltepec, but about 15 showed up at the Casa de Oración this week. The chapel is outside, but we have a roof, and we have a couple small indoor classrooms. Elder Noh and I are assigned to teach Sunday school every week for investigators and recent converts. We're also supposed to speak in sacrament meeting every second Sunday of the month. Elder Noh and I are the only missionaries in Jamiltepec, it's like that way for each companionship in our zone, everyone has their own area. Everyone in the mission always walks unless traveling far. There are around 140 missionaries in the Cuernavaca Mission. Our whole zone travels to Pinotepa every Monday for our district meetings, stays the night at the ZLs' apartment, and returns to our areas in the morning. So we don't get much of a P-day.

Anyway, Elder Noh and I taught 12 lessons this week. During lessons, I can pick up some of the things people are saying, but when they talk about things not church related, that's when I turn to Elder Noh because I don't understand a thing. The people in Jamiltepec speak so fast that Elder Noh tells me that even he has trouble understanding sometimes. I'm getting a lot better at teaching doctrine, bearing testimony, and asking questions. It's a work in progress.

The food here is so good! We have tortillas with every meal. Elder Noh and I make huevos y salchichas, eggs and sausages, every morning for breakfast. We have Comida with one of the sisters everyday around 2. This is always the last meal of the day. The members always make their food way less spicy than normal because they know I'm guero  Guero means white btw haha.

Well I guess time is getting cut short today, but know that I'm doing great and working hard! I'm so thankful for the members. I love you all and have a great Thanksgiving!


Love,
Elder Tucker

Only had time for 2 pics this week:
1- My awesome trainer and companion Elder Noh
2- Laundry





No comments:

Post a Comment